Highlights of the Impact
- MIC seizes back the unplanted lands in several oil-palm plantations of Tanintharri, after the launch of ‘Behind the Oil Palm’ Report.
- Green Desert’ conveys a convincing evidence to Tanintharri Hluttaw and Government to take immediate actions over human rights violation in oil palm plantations.
- The Second & Third Myanmar EITI reports alarm the urgency of EITI Law & SOE reforms.
- The FLEGT needs to be continued to fight against illegal logging and deforestation to effectively mitigate climate change in Myanmar.
- Twelve principles agreed so far in Panlong for future federal land and resource management in Myanmar.
- ALARM helps Monwya Industrial Zone receive financial aids to found the Waste Water treatment plant as the technology and business investment model
- Regular water quality monitoring in Yangon sheds light on the causal link between water pollution and liquor factories and accordingly call for setting up waste water treatment plan.
- Public outcry over the occurrence of E coli in municipal water interests YCDC to address the failing decades-old water distribution system.
- Myanmar National Climate Land Bank develops pathways to mitigate climate displaced peoples and build resilient communities for climate change adaptation
- The inclusive strategy to align the mandates of the States and Regions with the Myanmar’s economic agenda and incorporate views on the current state of the economy and future expectations of Myanmar’s development